Reiki is one of those ancient therapies that come with numerous benefits. From treating pain to healing migraine – reiki is useful in solving various issues. The Reiki practitioners use their hands to provide the affected areas of your body with relief. According to the experts of this therapy, it can also be effective for treating cancer.
Though there is no scientific proof of this statement, many cancer patients find reiki helpful to reduce their pain and discomfort. They find it useful in healing physical inflammation and mental trauma as well.
But can reiki really treat cancer? Can it cure this ailment? Can a reiki master make a cancer patient feel better?
Let’s seek the answers.
What is Reiki?
This is a Japanese healing procedure that involves the use of universal energy through therapeutic touch. The expert will place his or her hand on or near the affected area of your body. Then, he or she will try to stimulate your body’s self-healing capabilities through energy transformation.
The main aim of this therapy is to maintain a balance of energy in and around your body. This will help you feel better physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
How Can Reiki Help in Treating Cancer?
Cancer is one of the dangerous ailments that human civilization witnesses. It is fatal, and the treatment is expensive. However, with the arrival of modern medical technologies, a cancer patient’s lifespan can be increased through various medicines, surgeries, and other procedures. Risks are still present.
Some cancer patients can find a sense of relief from their daily pain when attending Reiki sessions. They go for it alongside their regular treatment procedures. Reiki works for them as a complementary therapy. This therapy has the power to;
- Help a cancer patient feel relaxed and calm.
- Prepare you to cope with challenging situations.
- Help you in relieving emotional stress and trauma.
- Help your overall well-being and makes you feel positive.
Since the treatment of cancer involves some painful and stressful methods, patients often feel traumatic. The daily physical pain and fear of death often make their life even more miserable. In such a condition, reiki provides them with a lot of support. They start feeling better and find themselves in a better emotional state after a few sessions.
For some people, this complementary therapy helps them fight against the side effects of their ailment and its treatment. They can get relief from pain and tiredness, which are common symptoms of cancer.
How does It happen?
- The reiki experts will discuss your general health, medical history, the pattern of your ailment, your views regarding the same at the very first meeting.
- There will be low light and soothing music in the room where you will be attending the session.
- The practitioners will put their hands on or near your body, especially in the affected area. For example, while treating a patient with throat cancer, they will move their hands throughout the patient’s body but emphasise the throat area.
- While moving their hands across your body, they follow the head to toe direction. The aim is to move the energy all across your body to maintain balance and break the energy blockage.
- This will make the in-built healing system of your body more active and effective than before. You might feel a tingling sensation on some of your body parts. At the same time, you will start feeling relaxed and stress-free. While some people say that they feel cold, others experience warmth during these sessions.
At InnerTouch, we offer effective and reliable reiki sessions for people of all ages in North West London. Kindly get in touch with us.