Taught by spiritual practitioner Mikao Usui of Japan in the late 1800s, reiki therapy heals one’s pain and suffering using the ‘qi’ or ‘ki’ energy, which implies universal life force. It believes that the treatment quite effective in treating body ailments, as well as troubles of the mind.
How Does Reiki Therapy Work?
The word ‘Reiki’ is made up of two Japanese words ‘Rei’ meaning ‘Universal’ and ‘ki’ meaning ‘life force’. Every pain in the world can alleviate existing energy forces in and around us. This fundamental concept builds Reiki techniques.
Reiki healing is the art of channelling the forces and transferring them to those suffering. Thus, using the energy to relieve the pain.
The healer performs the treatment using their open palms to channel the energy. And infuse it into the body part where the client has discomfort.
How Does Depression Affect You?
Specific imbalances in the chemicals and neurotransmitters of the brain which handle emotional responses in a human body can cause depression. It can be triggered by –
- A traumatic event
It can be a purely voluntary act of the body as well.
As a result, the individual suffers from a series of unprecedented issues –
- Losing the capacity to be happy
- Not feeling interested in everyday activities which were easy and enjoyable before.
- Fatigue and exhaustion take over
- Loss of appetite
- Troubled sleeping schedule
While there are oral medications that can be helpful in treating depression, verbal counselling, and alternate therapies like Reiki can also be quite effective.
But how? Let’s find out.
Benefits of Reiki Therapy in Depression
- Reiki helps remove stress from the body, relaxing the muscles and alleviates the pain that comes from depression-related fatigue.
- Many people suffer from headaches, nausea, and migraines due to depression, which can be healed with Reiki.
- Reiki calms the mind. It is crucial in the processing of a traumatic incident which might have caused the depression.
Depression is a severe mental health condition affecting millions of people worldwide. With more and more open conversations being held about mental health issues now than before, several alternate options like Reiki are being sought out for clients.
Inner Touch is a reiki healing and hypnotherapy clinic trusted by long-time clients in and around Harrow and North West London. The centre has a holistic approach towards healing and wellness and addresses several issues such as depression, anxiety, eating disorders, relationship turmoil, and many others.